Objectives of this Project
- To enhance OKU Orang Asli wellbeing through health, dental and hearing screening and follow-up treatments, therapies, and hearing aid/cochlear implant assistance
- To enhance OKU physical wellbeing through an on-campus rehabilitation facility
- To enhance overall living conditions through accessibility upgrading projects
- To set up an early interventional inclusive education program centre (Taska/Tadika inklusif) for IIUM Kampus Kuantan staff’s children and the surrounding area. This will also be an engagement/practical/clinical centre for our audiology, speech and occupational therapy staff and students to be exposed to the optimum intervention. This centre combines hearing children with Deaf Children with hearing Aids and Cochlear implants and the mild Autism (ASD) children in a world-class Early Interventional Inclusive education program (fees applicable like any other Tadika/taska). This centre can be duplicated to other areas in the future.
- To develop a module for Autism Rehabilitation Centre in Perlis.